Updated January 2, 2019
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS USED
a. Product Information Requests. We collect information that you enter into our website or send by email requesting that we provide you with information about our products. For example, we will use your name and address, or email address, to fulfill your request. We may send additional product or educational opportunity information to you unless you ask us not to send any further information.
b. Product Purchases. You may be asked to provide personal information when you place an order for our products or services. We collect information that persons enter into our website, and provide through emails, letters, and telephone calls, in connection with the purchase of a product or service. For example, if you purchase an educational product, such as a Pocket TOM®, through our website, we will use your name and address to fulfill the request, and may send you additional product or educational opportunity information unless you ask us not to send any further information.
d. Customer Feedback. We also use and store customer product feedback. We may use the personal contact information to respond to a customer. We will also use this information when required to comply with our legal obligations.
e. General Communications. We also collect, store, and use information that you provide to us through emails, letters, customer response cards, and telephone calls. We may use this information to send you product or educational opportunity advertisements unless you ask us not send you advertisements.
f. Continuing Education. Our continuing education courses require that you provide Passy Muir with personal information including, but not limited to, your first and last name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and fax number. We also request that you complete a short survey about the education we provided. We may use this information to provide you with information about further educational opportunities or product offerings. In addition, if you participate in our continuing education courses for approved CEU credit, your identity, contact information, and confirmation of information relating to your completed courses may be supplied to: (i) the agency authorizing us to provide the continuing education credits to you (such as ASHA or AARC), or (ii) a government licensing agency when we have a legal obligation to do so. The contact addresses of ASHA and AARC are provided below. If you do not provide some of the requested personal information, you will not be able to receive continuing education credit and may not be able to view the online courses. In the event that you do not want CEU credit, you may contact our Privacy Administrator at privacyadministrator@PassyMuir.com to obtain a code that will allow you to view the online courses without providing any private information.
American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
9425 N. MacArthur Blvd, Suite 100
Irving TX 75063-4706
Phone: (972) 243-2272
Fax: (972) 484-2720
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
2200 Research Boulevard
Rockville, MD 20850-3289
Members: (800) 498-2071
Non-Member: (800) 638-8255
h. Automatic Information. When you visit a website, you disclose information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. Passy Muir’s website, like many other sites, records basic information about visits to our website, such as the pages that are viewed and the number of views.
i. No Automated Decisions. We do not use your personal information to make automated decisions.
k. We Do Not Transfer Your Information Outside of The United States. We DO NOT transfer your personal information to other countries. If you have taken our CEU courses for credit and would like to have a confirmation sent outside of the United States, please communicate with our Privacy Administrator at privacyadministrator@PassyMuir.com or at our mailing address below.
l. Sensitive Data. Our website does not collect or process sensitive data relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic or biometric data, health or mortality, sex life, or sexual orientation.
m. Third-Party Tracking. With the exception of CEU Credit Reporting to ASHA and AARC as stated above, third-parties do not receive or collect personally identifiable information about an individual user’s online activities on our website.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
4. How We Protect Your Information. We use security software to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our databases and our computer systems. Our business practices limit our employees’ access to your confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons. Your access to some of our services and content is password protected. We strongly recommend that you DO NOT disclose your password to anyone. In addition, we recommend that you sign out of password protected services at the end of each session.
b. Continuing Education Credit Disclosures to ASHA and AARC. If you participate in our continuing education courses for approved CEU credit, your identity, contact information, and confirmation of information relating to your completed courses may be supplied to: (i) the agency authorizing us to provide the continuing education credits to you (such as ASHA or AARC), or (ii) a government licensing agency when we have a legal obligation to do so. The contact addresses of ASHA and AARC are provided above. If you do not provide some of the requested personal information, you will not be able to receive continuing education credit and may not be able to view the online courses. In the event that you do not want CEU credit, you may contact our Privacy Administrator at privacyadministrator@PassyMuir.com to obtain a code that will allow you to view the online courses without providing any private information.
c. Information You Disclose to Third-Party Websites. We encourage you to think carefully before you decide to put anything on the Internet. We do have links to other websites that are not managed or controlled by us. Please be cautious about providing information to those websites. For example, if you voluntarily disclose personal information or pictures on social media, that information could be seen, and used by others, and may result in unsolicited messages from others. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information that you submit in these public forums or to other third-party websites. To request removal of your personal information from our social media claims, please contact our Internet Administrator at the address below. If we control a social media site we will remove the information if it is possible for us to do so and will let you know the results of our efforts.
d. Who Has Access to User Information. Information about our users is important to us. We will not sell or disclose any individually identifiable information to any private third-party without first receiving that user’s permission. We do disclose continuing education credit information to ASHA and AARC as provided herein. We will supply information to governmental agencies when we are legally required to provide the information.
5. Children. Our Internet website does not provide services or products to children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Some of the information contained on this website relates to tracheostomies, and related medical procedures, and may be considered graphic or inappropriate for minors. We request that clinicians, parents, and guardians privately view a webpage prior to allowing children to view the page. If we learn that we have obtained information from a person less than the age of 18, we will delete such information.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS
6. How to Access and Change Your Information and Preferences. You can access, change, and modify your privacy settings, personal information, and opt out of email offerings as provided below.
a. How You Can Access, Change, or Modify Your Personal Information. You can access all of your personally identifiable information by sending an e-mail to our Privacy Administrator at privacyadministrator@PassyMuir.com. You may also mail us at the address provided below.
b. Opting Out of Email Promotions. When you receive an email relating to educational or product offerings and you do not want to receive such emails in the future, you can notify us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link attached to each email.
DO NOT TRACK POLICY
8. Do Not Track Policy. Our company does not use tracking to provide targeted advertising, or to track information from other websites that you visit. We respond to any “do not track” signal by not tracking users. We do not allow third-parties to track user website data. We do track the number of times that our website and various pages are accessed, and no personal information is stored unless entered by the user.
Calif. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575
10. Questions or Concerns. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Privacy Administrator at privacyadministrator@PassyMuir.com. You may also send a letter to:
Attn: Privacy Administrator
PMB 273, 4521 Campus Drive | Irvine, CA 92612 USA
T 949.833.8255 | F 949.833.8299