The PMV 2001 Tracheostomy & Ventilator Swallowing and Speaking Valve (15mm I.D., 23mm O.D.) attaches to a standard 15mm tracheostomy tube hub. The PMV 2001 is low profile, lightweight, and purple in color for easy identification as a Passy Muir Valve. Supplemental low-flow oxygen may be delivered through the Valve by attaching the PMA® 2000 Oxygen Adapter. The PMV 2001 Speaking Valve can be connected to a ventilator with the PMV®AD22 Adapter or other 22mm flexible silicone adapters. The PMV 2001 Speaking Valve is packaged with one PMV Secure-It® that connects the Valve to a tracheostomy tie to help prevent loss. Latex free. Made in the USA.
Not sure which Passy Muir Speaking Valve to order? To help you determine which Speaking Valve fits your application, click here.
Benefits of the PMV 2001 Speaking Valve:
- Restores communication
- Improves swallowing and may reduce aspiration
- Restores natural positive airway pressure
- Facilitates secretion management
- May improve oxygenation
- Expedites ventilator weaning and decannulation
- Facilitates infection control
- Improves smell, taste, and sensation