The PMV 007 Tracheostomy & Ventilator Swallowing and Speaking Valve (15mm I.D., 22mm O.D.) is designed to be inserted into standard disposable tubing in a ventilator circuit. The PMV 007 may be attached to a standard 15mm tracheostomy tube hub or connected to an in-line suction system through the use of a PMV®AD1522 or other 15mm x 22mm step-down adapter. The PMV 007 Speaking Valve is aqua in color for easy identification as a Passy Muir Valve, and can be used on or off the ventilator. Not compatible with Secure-It or PMA® 2000 Oxygen Adapter. Latex free. Made in the USA.
Not sure which Passy Muir Speaking Valve to order? To help you determine which Speaking Valve fits your application, click here.
Benefits of the PMV 007 Speaking Valve:
- Restores communication
- Improves swallowing and may reduce aspiration
- Restores natural positive airway pressure
- Facilitates secretion management
- May improve oxygenation
- Expedites ventilator weaning and decannulation
- Facilitates infection control
- Improves smell, taste and sensation