The PMV 2000 (15mm I.D., 23mm O.D.) attaches to a standard 15mm tracheostomy tube hub. This Tracheostomy & Ventilator Swallowing and Speaking Valve is lightweight, low profile, and manufactured from clear materials to be less noticeable. Supplemental low-flow oxygen may be delivered through the Valve by attaching the PMA® 2000 Oxygen Adapter. The PMV 2000 Speaking Valve can be connected to a ventilator with the PMV® AD22 or other 22mm flexible silicone adapters. The PMV 2000 is packaged with one Secure-It® that connects the Valve to a tracheostomy tie to help prevent loss. Latex free. Made in the USA.
Not sure which Passy Muir Speaking Valve to order? To help you determine which Valve fits your application, click here.
Benefits of the PMV 2000 Speaking Valve:
- Restores communication
- Improves swallowing and may reduce aspiration
- Restores natural positive airway pressure
- Facilitates secretion management
- May improve oxygenation
- Expedites ventilator weaning and decannulation
- Facilitates infection control
- Improves smell, taste and sensation