Passy Muir® Valves
All Passy Muir® Valves offer the benefits of the patented, closed position “No Leak” design. The Passy Muir® Valves easily attach to the standard 15mm tracheostomy tube hub. All valves come packaged in a comprehensive Patient Care Kit and are Medicare, Medicaid and MediCal reimbursable.
Passy Muir Continuing Education
Passy-Muir, Inc. is committed to improving the quality of life for tracheostomized and ventilator-dependent patients. Most of Passy Muir’s education is free and can be offered for continuing education credits. Passy-Muir, Inc. has developed a variety of methods to best meet the educational needs of your facility.
Centers of Excellence
The Passy Muir Centers of Excellence Program offers the opportunity to:
- Recognize and honor the facilities that utilize Passy Muir® Valves as their standard of care
- Meet the teams and read a description of their philosophy of care
- Review and download their protocols, procedures, research and publications
- Learn from videos of success stories and practices across the continuum of care
Free downloadable materials include:
- Sample policies and procedures
- Assessment and Placement Guide
- Connections Guide, Quick Tips, Benefits, and More
- Talk-Muir, the Passy Muir Clinical Journal
For therapists, the Toby Tracheapuppet comes equipped with a removable Passy Muir Valve along with a PMV® Secure-It®. This allows the therapist to demonstrate to the child how to apply and remove the valve in a fun and relatable way. Don’t forget to put on your best Toby voice to help promote vocalization!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about using a Passy Muir Valve, see our Frequently Asked Questions section. Here we have compiled our answers to the questions that we received the most.